Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Brush of Angel's Wings by Ruth Reid

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this
review

As per usual I was super excited to read another Amish Fiction books. I believe this is the first one that I have read by Ruth Reid, and Ill be honest it wasn't as good as some others I have read. I couldn't get into it as easily as I normally do. With that being said it was an okay book. Maybe a 3 star rating.

This one was about Rachel a young Amish woman who of course at marriage age with no interest in marriage or doing any of the housework that would make her a "good wife" . She would much rather send time in the fields and barn with her Father, a  role she had taken on after the death of her brother. This was all fine and dandy till her father hired a young non Amish man, Jordan  to help with those duties and sent Rachel back into the house to work on her womanly skills. Jordan's entrance into the family didn't set well at first. Will they be able to get over their corrals and learn to like each other and be able to stand each others presence ?

No comments:

Post a Comment